Saturday, February 20, 2010

Suggestions for Our Book of the Month?

Almost the end of February (already!). That means March will soon arrive and with that a new Book of the Month.

I could throw something out there, but I would rather our readers have a voice. It's a bit old school to try and get book discussions going -- especially virtually -- but I'm a firm believer in the power of books to open new doors.

So, any good "green" book ideas?

For a little inspiration, you may want to consider the Top 10 Books on the Environment for 2010 from Book List Online. (Thanks, Kathy!)

And remember, when you're ready to read tap into our Ocean State Inter-library Loan system through Essex/Union. Why buy when you can borrow?

[Image Credit: bluemaria via flikr]

2 comments:

tillerman said...

I enjoyed reading this month $20 Per Gallon: How the Inevitable Rise in the Price of Gasoline Will Change Our Lives for the Better by Christopher Steiner. I even wrote a review on my blog.

BILL GERLACH said...

tillerman,

Great post at the blog. Fantastic angle. My father-in-law runs a charter service out of Newport, so we hear about gas price woes all the time.

Just read today that analysts expect gas prices to head north of $3.00 by summer. A year ago, unleaded regular averaged under $2.00. Go figure.